The College Library was set up in the year 1998. The Library had an initial collection of 400 books and they catered to the B.com Course. As the number of course grew the library collection too has kept pace. Presently in the year 2015, the library books /magazines have increased exponentially. The library caters to all the undergraduate & post graduate courses conducted by the college. The College Library has correspondingly tried to build up a collection suited to each of these courses. Over the years, it has emerged as the sole repository of the syllabus books. Our collection includes reference books and the mandatory text books. It also includes books & even encyclopaedias on environment, management, television, journalism, video production, politics & history. An eclectic collection of fiction, non fiction books has also been built up.
Library Collection upto MAY 2018
- Books = 32476
- VOLS = 12018
- Magazines ( Periodicals / Journals ) = 76
- Reference Books = 2070
- EBooks= 74138
- EJournals = 3717
- Cds = 1411
- Current Journals
- Project Reports = 957
- Question Papers of conducted exams
- The Library is open to students and staff from 8am to 5pm on all working days.
- Library orientation for students at the commencement of the academic year.
- Issue / return of books & back issues / bound volumes of magazines.
- Reference facility - both books / magazines.
- Projects reports of past batches for reference.
- Issue of CD's.
- Additional library card facility for 5 toppers in each class.
- Additional library card / book bank facility for students whose financial situations are inadequate.
- Additional library card facility for students who are constant / regular library users.
- Fully open access system.
- Seperate sections for books on Competitive exams, Marathi & Hindi literature, Fiction & Non fiction books.
- Question paper sets ( yearwise ) of all the streams available for reference & photocopying for students / faculty.
- Subject sets of the question papers for faculty reference / issue.
- OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue ) facilty for students / faculty enabling them to browse through the entire library collection of books.
- Ready reference collection ie one reference copy retained for books with multiple copies.
- List of the latest additions – books / magazines displayed on the library notice boards.
- Display rack in order to highlight the new books purchased by the library.
- Magazine display rack for the latest issues of all the magazines with storage space for back volumes.
- Bound volumes of magazines maintained separately