B. COM. (FINANCIAL MARKET)
Report (Visit to SEBI)
6th January, 2017
Title : Visit to Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI)
Date : January 6, 2017 (Friday)
Time : 10:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Program : Financial Literate and Financial Planning
Location : SEBI Bhavan, Plot No. C-4-A, G Block, Bandra Kurla Complex, Mumbai – 400051
Class : TYBFM (32 Students attended the program)
The Preamble of the Securities and Exchange Board of India describes the basic functions of the Securities and Exchange Board of India as "...to protect the interests of investors in securities and to promote the development of, and to regulate the securities market and for matters connected there with or incidental there to".
The presentation by Ms. Nilima Karandikar (office of Investor Assistance and Education) imparted the basic understanding regarding securities market:
- Basics essential core ideas on Saving and Investment
- How to chose the right investment options – liquidity, safety and return
- Strategies for the Asset Allocation
- The Constituents of Securities Market and their Regulator
- The mechanism and functioning of Securities Market
- Institutional Participants in Securities Market
- Financial Products
- Understanding Chit funds and Ponzi Schemes
- Understanding the Trading , Clearing and Settlement Mechanism in Securities Market
- Investor Protection and Grievances Redressal Mechanism
Later Ms. Amrita Shukla - Asst. General Manager (Investor Awareness Division, SEBI) cleared the queries of the students.