Add on Certificate Course
Report On Add on Certificate Course.
The Certified Financial Consultant (CFC) course was introduced for all commerce courses of our college in the month of September’14 in association with Eminent Minds Business Consulting LLP
The main objective was to upgrade the practical knowledge of Finance along with people skills of our students and help them to understand the overall working of BFSI sector which in turn would make them better employable graduates.
We had started with following two batches (September to November’14):
- CFC – FY Batch - Financial Markets – Beginner Module
- CFC – SY&TY Batch - Financial Markets – Advanced Module
79 students had registered and successfully completed the first module of the course.
Second module was started with two batches (December’14 to March’15):
- CFC – FY Batch - Capital Market Module
- CFC – SY&TY Batch - Wealth Management Module
55 students successfully completed the second module of the course.
Apart from Financial Training, following skill building workshops were also conducted during the course:
- Team Management
- Image Building
Also, following guest sessions were conducted during the course:
- Capital Markets by Ms. Gayatri Ghanekar, Working with ICICI Direct.
- Careers in BFSI by Ms. Nikita Pujary, Working with Randstand India.
- Wealth Management by Ms. Sonal Kadam, Debt Market Expert with LKP Securities
- Image building workshop by Mr. Sanjiv Jha, Regional Manager for Entire West with Max Life Insurance
Main highlight of the course:
- Bank Branch Visit of Punjab & Maharashtra Co-operative Bank was arranged for SYTY Students batch. The students of SYTY had prepared the real time wealth management case studies which they professionally presented to Ms. Kawaljeet Kohli, the Branch Manager of PMCB.
- Live Trading sessions were conducted through Virtual Capital Market wherein students learnt about stock markets by trading live through virtual stock markets. To understand online trading, each student used virtual trading portal and saw practically how the capital market fluctuates.
Student Evaluation Methods:
- Vivas (23rd November 2014)
- Paper – Pencil based MCQ Examination (7th March 2015)
- Certificates were given to students who passed certificate exams conducted by the college and Eminent Minds Business Consulting LLP. To upgrade their knowledge, students also registered themselves with NCFM and cleared the NCFM examinations.
The feedback received from the students was overwhelming in terms of training delivery and the way sessions were conducted especially Virtual Trading Platform.